Your oral health needs as an adult will be different from your oral health needs as a child or teenager. Dr. Brian Wegley provides adult dentistry to help you maintain a healthy mouth and smile throughout your adult life and as you age. To learn more about adult dentistry in Upland, California, and schedule a consultation with our experienced dentist, contact Upland Smile Design today at 909-985-1996.
When you visit our office, our dentist will perform a complete exam of your mouth, including checking your bite, joints, teeth, gums and other soft tissues. If you wear dentures, we will also check the condition and fit of your appliance to ensure that they are functioning properly. This will help us determine whether you need any additional treatments to maintain your oral health, as well as allowing our dentist to design an ongoing treatment plan for you.
Some common dental problems you may face as an adult include:
- Dry mouth
- Tooth decay
- Damaged teeth
- Missing teeth
- Systemic conditions that affect oral health (age-related illnesses that may impact your oral health, especially if you have periodontal disease, include diabetes, heart disease, stroke respiratory disease and osteoporosis)
Here are a few tips for maintaining a healthy mouth:
- Brush and floss daily. You should brush for at least two minutes twice a day and floss at least once a day.
- Rinse your toothbrush thoroughly and replace it every three months.
- Drink sugary liquids through a straw. This will prevent the sugars from bathing your teeth directly before you swallow.
- Drink water after each meal to clean larger deposits of food from your teeth and stay hydrated.
- Treat cavities immediately.
- See our dentist and hygienists for regular cleanings and exams every six months.
For more information about adult dentistry and to schedule your consultation, give us a call today!